About the MEG Fund
"Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
Margaret E. Gillaspie
Margaret Gillaspie began her ministry as Indiana Woman's Missionary Union Director on September 1, 1968. Over the next 28 years, she began a number of WMU works in Indiana churches, encouraged leaders to be effective in their mission endeavors, trained leaders to multiply themselves by training others and left an impressive legacy of ministry.
Those who served under her leadership knew her to be a leader with a purpose; to help nurture young girls and women to give their lives to missions service either as leaders in their church and associations or as missionaries on the field. She helped women take ownership of their work and to set goals for themselves in their respective areas.
Margaret's desire to further missions education in Indiana continues even though she retired from active ministry in April of 1996.
Upon her announcement of retirement, the officers of the Indiana WMU decided to give her a gift that would be dear to her heart, a gift that would support missions. In her honor, they created the Margaret E. Gillaspie Endowment Fund.
Who qualifies for the meg scholarship fund?
- The person requesting MEG Scholarship Funds and the receiver of the Scholarship must be a member of a Southern Baptist Church.
- The person requesting the MEG Scholarship Funds must be a member of a WMU Organization. The application must then be requested by the local church WMU Director or the Leader of the respective WMU organization.
How can the funds be used?
Scholarships may be requested:
- to provide assistance for Mission Friends, GA, RA, CIA, Acteens, Challengers, Youth on Mission, Women on Mission, MyMission Chapter, Adults on Mission events.
- to purchase literature for new WMU units in the local church.
- to provide assistance for WMU Leaders to attend State and National WMU Training Events.
- to provide assistance for WMU mission volunteers on mission trips working with North America Mission Board and International Mission Board.
All applications must be submitted by April 1. No exceptions.