SCBI/NAMB Evangelism Grant Funds Available October 1, 2022
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14)
Jesus has commissioned our churches to proclaim the gospel throughout the world while we still have the opportunity. SCBI is committed to partnering with our churches to discover and fulfill their next step in proclaiming the gospel in your local community. This year we are excited to announce that the North American Mission Board is providing funds to SCBI to assist our churches and collegiate ministries with evangelism, and these funds will become available upon request beginning October 1, 2022!
What are the criteria for requesting funds?
- A church evangelism project must present the gospel to unbelievers and generate opportunities for Gospel conversations, must provide an opportunity for people to respond to the Gospel, and must implement a plan to follow up with those who make decisions/express interest. Examples: block parties, evangelistic rallies, projects to serve the community where the Gospel is shared, etc.
- Note: These funds are not intended to be used for new equipment for churches or collegiate ministries, paying church staff, making church building improvements, paying for church or collegiate mission trips, for large bulk mailings, etc.
- To request these funds, please click the link above. Once we receive your request, the Church and Leader Mobilization Team leaders will review and respond to you. If you are approved to receive the funds, we will notify you about when you will receive the grant funds.
- After the project, the church must submit to SCBI a written report with their project results, receipts to verify how the funds were spent, and any unused funds so that SCBI can account to NAMB for the use of these funds.
Other frequently asked questions:
- What is the maximum amount that can be requested? Because limited funds are available from NAMB, the maximum request amount per church will be $2,000 until all of our SCBI-NAMB funds are spent.
- Can we spend for a project in advance of receiving the SCBI/NAMB funds and then be reimbursed for our expenses? If your church has already submitted a Church Request Form to SCBI (as explained above) and you have received an email from our Office that your project was approved for a certain amount, then “yes” you can spend as necessary according to the approved amount.
- Are these funds only available for established SCBI churches? No, there are funds also available for our SCBI collegiate ministries and SCBI church plants if they comply with the above criteria ($2,000 maximum). Download the appropriate form on our website and submit it to email@example.com.
- If you have additional questions, contact Scooter Kellum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine what could happen this year…if every SCBI church, church plant and collegiate ministry used these resources to effectively share the gospel with unbelievers, to follow up on the decisions that will be made, and to engage the project participants in one of our local churches. This could be the greatest year ever for God’s Kingdom advancement in Indiana!