Next Step Certificate
December 1 - December 2
Next Step Certificate Program
The Next Step Certificate Program (NSCP) is an exciting new opportunity for you and the leaders in your church.
- Learn through in-person classroom experiences in Indiana with a seminary professor from NOBTS.
- Boost your ministry confidence with theological training
- Low-cost, short time-commitment
- Pastors: make this part of the theological component of your pastoral residencies to develop and send pastors from your church.
NSCP is a non-degree academic program equipping SCBI pastors, ministry leaders, and lay leaders to live out their calling to serve Jesus Christ and His church. In partnership with New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) and The Caskey Center, each course offered is biblically based and administered with the highest quality and integrity by a professor from NOBTS. Courses will be taught at a designated location for face-to-face interaction. Each year we will offer eight courses, with only six required to receive a Next Step Certificate. NSCP can be achieved over a period of multiple years.
NSCP is designed to give an overview of the critical components of successful ministry leadership. Each course is led by NOBTS professors who will offer academic insights and practical wisdom that will assist students to be effective gospel ministers. The courses are designed to equip students with greater confidence in the most challenging areas of ministry leadership.
$950 for the entire Next Step Certificate Program. (Includes enrollment in all 6 required courses, lodging, food, and certificate). Students can pay the $25 registration fee at the first class, the $150 fee per class at the time of the class, and the $25 certificate fee upon completion.
The Next Step Certificate Courses:
The Next Step Certificate will be awarded upon the completion of 6 of these 8 courses:
- Christian Doctrine /Theology – CTI200
- Church Evangelism – CTI300
- Biblical Hermeneutics -CTI100
- Christian Missions – CTI301
- Church Administration – CTI312
- Pastoral Counseling – CTI 400
- Preaching: Proclaiming the Bible CTI 310
- Pastoral Ministry – CTI 311
Dates and Locations
- February 3-4, 2023, at HLBC. Pastoral Ministry (CTI311) Dr. Blake Newsom
- February 24-25, 2023, at HLBC. Biblical Hermeneutics (CTI100) Dr. Cory Barnes
- April 28-29,2023, at HLBC, Preaching: Proclaiming the Bible (CTI 310) Dr. Blake Newsom
- May 19-20, 2023, at HLBC. Christian Missions (CTI301) Dr. Greg Wilton
- August 25-26, 2023 at HLBC. Church Administration (CT312) Dr. Jody Dean
- October 20-21, 2023, at City View Church, Avon, IN. Pastoral Counseling (CTI 400) Dr. Mike Wetzel
- October 27-28, 2023, at Northside Baptist Church. Church Evangelism (CTI300) Dr. Greg Wilton
- December 1-2, 2023, at HLBC. Christian Doctrine /Theology (CTI200) Dr. Adam Harwood
5:00 Check-In & Light Dinner/Snack
6:00 Session 1
8:00 Session 2